Have free time this summer? Here are 10 sustainable and productive activities you can do to maximize your summer break and prepare for a successful year at NC State.
- Access Wicked Problems, Wolfpack Solutions. This free two-credit course is available online to all incoming first-year and transfer students and their families.
- Discover and develop your greatest talents by taking the online CliftonStrengths for Students assessment. This tool is part of NC State’s Common Experiences.
- Volunteer at Feed the Pack Food Pantry at NC State. Hunger doesn’t take a vacation. Volunteer to meet the needs of our Wolfpack community and gain valuable experience in program management and community service.
- Explore Citizen Science with NC State. With projects available to do at home, NC State has teamed up with SciStarter to accelerate research and enhance the undergraduate experience.
- Update your resume with tips from the Career Development Center. Applications open soon for sustainability-related internships through the Campus As A Classroom program.
- Map your future academic schedule to include a course that relates to the global Sustainable Development Goals. Use this database to find a class that fits your interests.
- Get to know the sustainable side of campus with the help of this online map. Find the perfect solar charging study spot to utilize next time you’re on campus.
- Research sustainability-related student organizations like the Sustainability Stewards. Make a list of organizations you want to meet during the Student Involvement Fair at Wolfpack Welcome Week.
- Begin to review your packing list for Move-In. Utilize the PackSmart guide to ensure you pack with sustainability in mind.
- Explore sustainability at NC State by taking the online Sustainability Orientation course. It takes less than 15 minutes to complete, but you’ll receive the knowledge, practical actions and best practices to help our Wolfpack contribute to a more sustainable campus.
BONUS: Don’t forget to rest and relax! Check out this summer bucket list of 20 sustainable activities to try.