After more than 18 months of cross-campus planning, input and analysis, the NC State Sustainability Council has completed development of the university’s second Sustainability Strategic Plan, which will guide sustainability efforts through 2022.
The plan has been endorsed at the highest levels of university leadership and contributes toward the university’s overall strategic plan.
The Sustainability Strategic Plan outlines five major goals through which NC State will engage campus and community in creating a more sustainable future:
- Student Leadership: Engage students in initiatives that promote leadership and service in sustainability.
- Academics: Integrate sustainability into education, experiences and research.
- Operations, Planning and Design: Model sustainability through efficient, innovative facilities and operations that educate the campus community and improve the quality of life.
- Community and Culture: Accelerate a culture of sustainability, inclusivity and well-being on campus and in the community.
- Communications: Propel awareness and sustainability at and beyond NC State.
Each goal is managed by a working group, which creates and implements annual tactics to drive progress toward the plan’s goals, strategies and objectives. Working groups meet regularly and welcome participation from anyone on campus or in the community. Join a working group
Progress toward the plan’s goals will be monitored through the university’s Annual Sustainability Report, which is published during the fall semester.