Find a sustainability-related event on or off campus that interests you:
- October 8, 2014Bountiful Harvest Food DriveStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 8, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, United StatesDescription: This food drive will be accepting donations begins October 8, 2014 through November 6th, 2014. On November 7th the donations will be collected and distributed to the NC Food Bank as well as the NCSU Food Pantry.
For info on drop-off locations, click here: http://staffsenate.ncsu.edu/bountiful-harvest-food-drive-october-8th-november-6th
- October 20, 2014Fossil FreeStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: October 20, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Riddick 461
- October 22, 2014Southeast Alternative Fuels Conference and ExpoStarts: 12:00 amEnds: October 25, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC, United StatesDescription: The East Coast’s only 2014 clean transportation conference and expo: http://altfuelsconference.org/index.html
- October 22, 2014Faculty & Staff Workshop: Sustainability Careers Training SessionStarts: 8:30 amEnds: October 22, 2014 - 10:00 amLocation: NC State, Poole College of Management, Nelson Hall 2405Description: The workshop will help career center and sustainability staff and faculty become as effective with impact-driven students as they are with traditional students by:
* Providing them with employment trends in impact-driven careers across sectors (e.g. CSR, benefit corporations, impact investing, clean tech, foundations, social enterprises),
*Sharing best practices in social sector hiring so their students and alumni can learn about jobs and internships before they are advertised on job boards (e.g. twitter, LinkedIn groups, conferences),
*Introducing new coaching tools and tactics to keep impact-driven students engaged and motivated as they get clear, get connected, and get hired for well-paying impact-driven jobs across sectors.
Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nc-state-more-than-money-careers-staff-training-session-tickets-13033095339
- October 22, 2014WESA Food Waste AwarenessStarts: 11:30 amEnds: October 22, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: Fountain Dining Hall- lobby
- October 22, 2014Graduate Student/Alumni WorkshopStarts: 1:30 pmEnds: October 22, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: NC State, Poole College of Management, Nelson 1130Description: Maximizing Impact and Income: Getting hired for jobs in Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Business, Social Enterprise and other Impact Fields. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nc-state-more-than-money-careers-workshop-undergrad-grad-alumni-tickets-13033175579
- October 22, 2014More Than Money (MTM) Careers WorkshopStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: October 22, 2014 - 4:15 pmLocation: David Clark Labs 101Description: NC State helps mission-driven students and alumni get clear, get connected and get hired. Our new partner, More Than Money (MTM) Careers, has distilled over 40 years of best practices into an e-learning platform that will help you: decide which well-paying career is a better fit for your skills and passions via 3 custom-made assessment tools, identify jobs and internships before they are available on job boards, and successfully apply and interview for opportunities that pay well, and fit your passions and the impact you want to have.
Learn more at http://poole.ncsu.edu/index-exp.php/sustainability-initiative/careers/ or register to attend at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nc-state-more-than-money-careers-workshop-undergrad-grad-alumni-tickets-13033275879
- October 24, 2014Innovative Women's ConferenceStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: October 24, 2014 - 2:15 pmLocation: NC State Talley Student Center BallroomDescription: The panel will feature three women who are using sustainability to drive innovation in the renewable energy, consumer products and luxury goods industries. The panelists will discuss their personal career paths, the role women are increasingly playing in building sustainable businesses and professional development advice about how to connect with impactful careers.
To register, click here: https://sites.google.com/a/ncsu.edu/innovative-women/register
- October 25, 2014SOUL Garden WorkdayStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: October 25, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: SOUL garden, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
- October 27, 2014Clinton Global Initiative University Interest MeetingStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: October 27, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Talley Student Union, Room 3285Description: The Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U), a program of the Clinton Global Initiative, brings together college students to address global challenges with practical, innovative solutions. CGI U participants do more than simply discuss problems – they take concrete steps to solve them by creating action plans, building relationships, participating in hands-on workshops, and following up with CGI U as they complete their projects. http://csleps.dasa.ncsu.edu/leadership/cgi
- October 27, 2014WESA Club MeetingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: October 27, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: 304 Mann Hall
- October 27, 2014Fossil FreeStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: October 27, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Riddick 461
- October 28, 2014Networking Event: Sustainable Spirits in RaleighStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: October 28, 2014 - 7:30 pmLocation: Crank Arm Brewery (319 W Davie St, Raleigh)Description: What is Sustainable Spirits? It is a casual monthly gathering for the sustainability community in North Carolina! It's free and open to everyone interested in anything from renewable energy and civic engagement to green building and urban farming! It is an excellent opportunity to network!
The appetizers will be sponsored by the NC State Net Impact chapter and the
NC Sustainability Connection, a program of the NC State Poole College of Management
Sustainability Initiative, catered by Love Food Raleigh, and any leftovers composted by
RSVP now: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sustainable-spirits-raleigh-october-2014-tickets-13375008009
- October 29, 2014Dinners with Purpose featuring John ReplogleStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: October 29, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: JB Hunt Library, Duke Energy Halls C & D, 2nd Floor 1070 Partners Way Raleigh, NC 27606Description: Featuring John Replogle, President & CEO, Seventh Generation
Dinners With Purpose is brought to you by the Social Entrepreneurship Initiative at the Institute for Nonprofits and the Institute for Emerging Issues. A series of dinner events with world class presenters will be offered at NC State to explore topics of civic engagement, social innovation and entrepreneurship, global citizenry, and seeking purpose in work and in life.
Seating is limited, so be sure to reserve your ticket promptly.
- October 30, 2014Slow Food PotluckStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: October 30, 2014 - 7:30 pmLocation: SOUL garden, Raleigh, NC 27606, United StatesDescription: Costume theme!
Contact email@example.com for more information
- November 1, 2014SOUL Garden WorkdayStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: November 1, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: SOUL garden, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
- November 3, 2014WESA Club MeetingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: November 3, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: 304 Mann Hall
- November 3, 2014Fossil FreeStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: November 3, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Riddick 461
- November 4, 2014Industry Speaker Series:Shawn Heath, Duke EnergyStarts: 4:30 pmEnds: November 4, 2014 - 5:30 pmLocation: NC State, Poole College of Management, Nelson Hall 1120Description: Topic: Sustainability Risks and Opportunities for the Nation’s Largest Electric Utility
Shawn Heath serves as Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer for
Duke Energy. He is responsible for the company's integrated strategy to
operate in a way that is good for people, the planet, and profits. Heath has held a
variety of positions for Duke Energy including regulatory and legislative planning
for Duke Energy's utility business in North Carolina and South Carolina, along
with serving as Vice President of planning and business support for the
company's U.S. Franchised Electric and Gas organization. Heath will discuss
how the utility business model is evolving to reflect advancements in technology,
changes in consumer preferences, and more stringent environmental regulations,
along with fulfilling stakeholder expectations and needs.
To RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shawn-heath-duke-energy-poole-sustainability-initiative-industry-speaker-series-tickets-13532063767
- November 6, 2014Net Impact ConferenceStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 9, 2014 - 12:00 amLocation: Minneapolis, MN, USADescription: Join us Nov. 6-8 in Minneapolis where we're ready to break boundaries—leaving limits behind, forging unexpected alliances, and exploring creative solutions—to transform the world.
For more info and to register: https://netimpact.org/conference
- November 8, 2014SOUL Garden WorkdayStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: November 8, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: SOUL garden, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
- November 10, 2014Clinton Global Initiative University Interest MeetingStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: November 10, 2014 - 6:30 pmLocation: Innovation Hall Multipurpose RoomDescription: The Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U), a program of the Clinton Global Initiative, brings together college students to address global challenges with practical, innovative solutions. CGI U participants do more than simply discuss problems – they take concrete steps to solve them by creating action plans, building relationships, participating in hands-on workshops, and following up with CGI U as they complete their projects. http://csleps.dasa.ncsu.edu/leadership/cgi
- November 10, 2014WESA Club MeetingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: November 10, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: 304 Mann Hall
- November 10, 2014Fossil FreeStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: November 10, 2014 - 8:30 pmLocation: Riddick 461
- November 13, 2014Zero Waste Events WorkshopStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: November 13, 2014 - 4:30 pmLocation: NC State, Poole College of Management, Nelson Hall 3220Description: The Poole College Sustainability Initiative in partnership with the University Sustainability Office and the Office of Waste Management and Recycling is sponsoring a "Zero Waste Event Planning Workshop" for NC State staff and students who plan events. Come enjoy a sustainable afternoon snack and learn more about how to minimize the environmental impact of your events.
To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nc-state-zero-waste-event-workshop-tickets-13266499457