The NC State University Sustainability Office was established in April 2008 to become the clearinghouse of campus sustainability information and to serve as a centralized resource to students, faculty and staff.
Current responsibilities of the University Sustainability Office and its staff include:
- Serving as the focal point for campus sustainability
- Planning for Earth Day, Campus Sustainability Day and other educational events
- Initiating programs and practices that integrate sustainability into the university
- Furthering the university’s strategic plan and sustainability commitments
- Coordinating campus sustainability strategic planning and implementation
- Making visible our university’s sustainability progress
- Coordinating and building the Campus Environmental Sustainability Team
- Updating the Annual Sustainability Report highlighting NC State’s sustainability work
- Updating the Campus Sustainability Assessment every five years
The University Sustainability Office is a Wolfpack Certified Sustainable Workplace.