Simple Ways To Save
You can help save energy and water on campus through these simple actions:
- Hit the switch when you leave an empty room. Lighting accounts for 15 percent of energy use. You can also open blinds or shades to maximize natural lighting, or use task lighting (powered by LEDs) instead of overhead lighting.
- Pull the plug to prevent electronics from using energy when not in use. Many devices still use energy even when not in use.
- Shut the sash of lab fume hoods, one of the biggest energy wasters on campus.
- Power down your computer monitor at the end of the day.
- Turn off the tap while shaving, brushing teeth or any other time when you’re not actually using water.
- Fix leaks fast to save gallons. Reports leaks on campus to 919-515-2991.
- Shorten your shower to save about 2.5 gallons of water per minute.
- Wash clothes in cold water to save the most energy.
Report An Issue
See an issue on campus that’s wasting energy or water? Use the form to below to let us know. Alternatively, you may also contact the Facilities Liaison in the building where the issue is located. These liaisons can submit work orders related to the issue. You can also contact Energy Management directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.