Simple Ways To Save
You can help save energy and water on campus through these simple actions:
- Hit the switch when you leave an empty room. Lighting accounts for 15 percent of energy use.
- Pull the plug to prevent electronics from using energy when not in use.
- Shut the sash of lab fume hoods, one of the biggest energy wasters on campus.
- Turn off the tap while shaving, brushing teeth or any other time when you’re not actually using water.
- Fix leaks fast to save gallons.
- Shorten your shower to save about 2.5 gallons of water per minute.
Report An Issue
See an issue on campus that’s wasting energy or water? Use the form to below to let us know. Alternatively, you may also contact the Facilities Liaison in the building where the issue is located. These liaisons can submit work orders related to the issue. You can also contact Energy Management directly at email@example.com.