Energy Management maintains water and energy consumption data for many NC State properties. If you need energy or water consumption data, please click on the link below to fill out the online request form.Submit Your Data Request
Notes About Utility Data
- Energy Management will make all efforts to respond to meter data requests within 2 weeks. Responses to requests may take longer based on a number of factors.
- Utility data will be provided in the form of monthly usage unless otherwise requested. If interval data is requested, please provide a justification. Note, interval data is available for some, but not all meters.
- Most of NC State’s buildings utilities are fully metered, but there are exceptions. At times, installed metering systems temporarily fail or are not capable of all requested data.
- Utility data will be provided based on the most recent fiscal year unless otherwise requested. If a different window of data is requested, please provide a justification.
- If a request for utility data is made for a current NC State capital project, the NC State project manager must be informed of/involved with the request.
- Utility data provided by Energy Management is based upon information in our databases. The meter data provided is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a complete definitive statement of building utility use. No representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, are provided about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the information.
- Consultants utilizing NC State utility data take full responsibility for all conclusions, recommendations and designs derived from information provided by Energy Management.
- As a public institution, and instrumentality of the State of North Carolina, NC State University is subject to the NC Public Records laws. This means that records provided to the university may be subject to public disclosure. For more information regarding public records, please visit the Office of General Counsel webpage on public records, accessible at https://generalcounsel.ncsu.
If there are any questions, please contact Energy Management at firstname.lastname@example.org