We all know we’re supposed to drink more water, but why? Here are just a few benefits of hydrating with H20.
- Be in a Healthy State. Your body is 60 percent water, so to be at your healthiest, you need to be getting enough water. According the Mayo Clinic, water clears your vital organs of toxins while also delivering nutrients. Since we’re constantly losing water throughout the day, it’s important to replace it so that your body can continue doing what it needs to you to keep you healthy.
- Avoid Overheating. Water helps regulate your body’s temperature. When you get too hot, a well-hydrated person sweats, thus cooling the body and preventing overheating. This is particularly important if you plan to exercise. Your body needs to be able to cool itself down, so drink up.
- Feel good moving. According to the American Council on Exercise, water is essential to proper muscle function since muscles are composed of 75 percent water. Good hydration also regulates blood volume, enabling vital nutrients to be delivered to joints. Well lubricated joints have more cushioning, which prevents joint pain.
- Look younger. According to WebMD, dehydration can lead to skin dryness and wrinkles, so maybe water is the fountain of youth.
- Can help you lose weight. Instead of reaching for a sugary drink loaded with calories, hydrate with H20. It may take a bit to make the switch, but skipping your daily can of soda will save you more than 50,000 calories a year. Compare caloric savings of other drinks
- Makes you smarter. To be at your mental peak, your brain needs water. According to Psychology Today, brain cells lose efficiency without adequate water, affecting our memory and ability to pay attention. Start sipping as you study so that your brain is at its best.
Go ahead, grab yourself a reusable water bottle, refill it several times a day and enjoy the benefits of H20.