Where Are They Now? Sustainability Steward Kyra Levau

Meet Kyra Levau ‘19, a former Sustainability Steward who has gone on to make a meaningful impact as a MRF Project Coordinator for the Recycling Partnership in Brooklyn, New York.

How has your experience with the Sustainability Stewards influenced your personal or professional pursuits?

The Stewards program encouraged me to explore various avenues within the realm of sustainability allowing me to find which aspects best aligned with my passions and skill sets. In my personal pursuits, it drove me to dig deeper into sustainable lifestyle choices and highlighted the importance of leading by example.

What advice would you give to current or future sustainability leaders based on your experience?

Don’t be afraid to explore all of the aspects of sustainability in your studies and extracurriculars! Sustainability is an overarching element that can be applied to a wide range of fields. I took courses and had internships in both the waste/recycling field as well as energy management which ultimately helped me decide what I wanted to pursue after graduation.

What’s your favorite memory as a Sustainability Steward?

The retreat in the woods where we did a lot of trust-building and communication exercises. It helped us all bond- plus, it was outside which always makes things better!

Where Are They Now?

Meet Former Sustainability Stewards