Add to NC State’s Earth Month celebration another handful of sustainability awards and national recognition for the Wolfpack.
This month, the Princeton Review named NC State a Green College in its Guide to 353 Green Colleges. That recognition comes on the heels of NC State receiving the Carolina Recycling Association’s Outstanding College or University Program Award for its popular pizza box composting program, which has diverted more than 9,000 pizza boxes from local landfills.
Members of the university community also received several honors at the City of Raleigh Environmental Awards, which were awarded on Earth Day:
- Institutional Innovation Award for the university’s interdisciplinary LEED Lab course
- Green Building Residential Design Award for the NC Cooperative Extension Residential Energy Efficiency Program
- Environmental Awareness Award for the Sustainable Planning and Urban Sightseers (SPUDS) trip offered by NC State’s EcoVillage Living and Learning Village
- Youth Award to NC State student Eric Rizzo for his leadership of the NC State Stewards
- 2nd place in the public service announcement competition to NC State student Carson Nguyen
NC State’s Earth Month is an annual April celebration of sustainability, which this year featured 34 campus events.